From identification of mold areas to removal of the mold, we are the provider you can trust for attention to detail, expertise and a commitment to customer service. Our qualified team of professionals is local and in your community. We’re the mold professionals with the tools, equipment and expertise to get the job done right.
Mold is literally everywhere. Mold spores can be found in every environment on earth. It grows on just about every surface as long as it has oxygen, moisture, and an organic food source. All of these are already present in your home except moisture. When elevated humidity, water damage, or condensation occurs, moisture become sufficiently present on surfaces for mold to grow.
Mold is a series health risk. some, but not all, of the health risks associated with mold include:
In addition, those with known allergies or compromised immune systems are at increased risk.
Determine the cause of the mold and extent of damage – if there is additional water damage, we are certified to deal with that as well.
Prepare a complete outline of steps that need to be taken and clearly explain all of these steps to you. We make sure you fully understand and approve of all work before we begin.
If possible, begin discussions with insurance to minimize or eliminate any financial burden on you. We deal with insurance companies daily, and have years of experience in working with them.
Begin treatment of the damaged area. This is done with your safety as our number one concern, so it could include creating negative air pressure in the impacted area to keep all harmful mold spores away from you/your family, using ozone, sealing off HVAC systems, etc.
Test to ensure that all mold spores have been taken care of – we use an independent lab to test the results of our work.
Create a personalize outline of steps to prevent the mold from returning.
There is no charge for us to come out and complete a thorough review of your situation, taking the time to carefully answer all your questions. We want you to fly understand the process, and your options!
Our technicians are OSHA and IICRC (Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification) certified. Our company is an IICRC certified company. There is no higher level of certification and training available. In addition, we do ongoing training to keep up with changes in the industry. When a SafeGuard technician shows up to deal with your mold issue, you can be assured he is ready to handle any problems you have.
Whether it’s Phoenix dehumidifiers, Ideal circuit analyzers, Omniguard manometers, Delmhorst Quick Nav thermo-hygrometers, Fluke thermal imaging cameras, Flood King extractors, Dri-Eaz air movers, or OdorStop air scrubbers, SafeGuard always uses the state of the art equipment to insure the job is done professionally and quickly.
Insurance usually plays a role in mold damage situations, and we deal with insurance companies hundreds of times a year. Odds are we are on a first name basis with the local adjuster – we work with them that often. So we know how to do everything we can to make sure insurance covers as much of the cost as possible.
From the beginning, we will treat you like part of our family. Because when you ask us to protect and restore your home or business, that’s exactly what you are.
Mold is literally everywhere. Mold spores are found in every environment on earth. It grows on just about any surface as long as it has oxygen and moisture, and an organic food source. All of these components are already present within your home to grow except moisture. When elevated humidity, water damage, or condensation occurs, moisture becomes sufficiently present on surfaces for mold to grow.
Mold has the ability to grow almost anywhere in your home or business. It thrives in temperatures that humans are also comfortable in and can eat most of the objects in your home. The only missing ingredient is moisture. Once moisture enters an area and stays for a few days, that area is likely to become contaminated. The areas in your home or business where moisture and humidity levels are high includes the crawl space, attic, closets, basement, kitchens and bathrooms. These are areas where you should keep your eye on, yet remember that it could grow in any room of the property.
Mold is a serious health risk. Some, but not all, of the health issues associated with mold include:
Those who have known allergies are generally more susceptible to mold and its byproducts, but nonallergic individuals may also be affected. Those with compromised immune systems are at the highest risk for health problems associated with mold.
Evacuation from the home may be warranted if you suffer from a severe health issue, a compromised immune system, or a doctor has made the suggestion. However, this is rare.
If you do not suffer from an extreme health condition, moldy areas in a home can usually be isolated from the rest of the house as an alternative to moving out. This would be something that we do immediately.
Usually you can see or smell moldy areas. However, it could be hidden in areas that you do not usually go into – like an attic or crawl space. When in doubt, we would do a mold test to identify the presence of mold.
Mold in the crawl space will almost always have a lower impact on indoor air quality than visible mold indoors, but it is common in crawl spaces. This can become more pronounced as a home ages or ground moisture problems are left uncorrected. This may affect the resale value of your home even if it isn’t a health issue. We recommend fixing any mold issues in the crawl space (or attic) before listing your house for sale.
Mold in your attic normally has a minimal impact on air quality in your home. However, if mold exists, there is a reason why the humidity level is high – and that needs to be taken care of. If not, the mold condition could worsen to a point that it does cause issues.
Could be. As molds grow they produce compounds released into the air known as microbial volatile organic compounds (MVOC’s). The “musty” smell that people often associate with mold growth can be attributed to these compounds. They generally are good indicators that mold is growing somewhere in the home.
When your home or business becomes contaminated, there are usually two options: hire experts or do it yourself. The decision comes down to the amount of contamination. If the affected area is 10 square feet or smaller, the EPA states that do-it-yourself methods can be effective; anything larger than that, you should consider hiring a professional. Remember that our estimates are free – and we will help you if it does turn out you can do the job yourself.
If the mold is near or in the heating/ventilation/air conditioning system, it may be best to have the ductwork cleaned. Again, we offer free inspections and would be able to help you make this decision. For more information from the EPA on this, click here.
Mold does release spores into the surrounding environment when agitated. Because of this, protective steps need to be taken when it is being cleaned/removed. We will do that, so while you cannot be in the affected area(s), you can remain safely in your home.
If there is visible mold growth on your carpet or carpet pad, we do advise that you get it replaced. These are very porous materials that are difficult to get completely clean, even with hot water extraction, once mold begins to grow.
If there is no visible mold on the carpet or pad, but you are worried about settled spores from mold growing on another surface, the carpet can probably be cleaned and salvaged. We recommend a detailed cleaning with a HEPA vacuum and a low moisture cleaning system. Hot water extraction could also be used, but care must be taken to ensure that the carpet and pad are dried quickly.